Thursday, April 15, 2010

Riding in Cars with Boys

This is just a sampling of the discussions going on between my boys today:

Keller: "Don't mess with velociraptors. They'll eat you." (Sage advice indeed.)

Me: "So, where do you have chapel?" Declan: "We have it upstairs. It's upstairs because it's like we're rising up to heaven. It's good for praising God." (So the closer the better? I've heard that argument before, Babel.)

Declan: "I'm the fastest kid in my class." Keller: "Are you faster than [your teacher]?" Declan: "Well, yah, 'cause she's HUGE. She's like THIS big!" (arms extended) Me: "Declan, do you think those were kind words?" Declan: "Yah. I didn't say she was fat!"

Declan (to Keller): "If you want, I'll let you put my stinky socks in the laundry tonight..."

Someone could write a pretty funny screenplay with some of this stuff...Like "The Office," but in a family. The one liners are just priceless!

1 comment:

  1. Oh my gosh, I love it! Do they just make you laugh all day long? I would be cracking up, even when I wasn't supposed to be, LOL.

    ReplyDelete