Friday, February 26, 2010

Potty Talk

I joked once that my son Keller could single-handedly provide enough unpredictably crazy, humorous, random comments and incidents to fuel my blog...and, though it's funny, I wasn't kidding! He's like a mini Dr. Jekyll/Mr. Hyde, one part mischeivious wild man and one part organized and focused. I secretly wonder if he's a little bit of a mad genious! My oldest is straightforwardly intelligent, analytical and logical. Keller is often completely unpredictable! So, I love that he likes puzzles, as mentioned in my last post, because it focuses all his energy on one giant visual problem, which he handles beautifully (and keeps him busy!). Along with this side of his personality, he likes to clean. He actually volunteers to do it! Sometimes he will just decide to reorganize the craft drawer or a section of the playroom. When it's time to clean up, we can always depend on him to work diligently and do a remarkably thorough job. It's absolutely fantastic. I don't know that many other four year olds who LIKE to clean, but I'm all for it. So whenever he gets in the groove, I let him go.

This afternoon he wanted to dust, which was great, since I couldn't remember the last time I dusted. Lots to keep him busy! He's working his way around the house, and I'm tending to the other kids when I hear him bumping around in the bathroom. I hesitantly ask what he's doing...since there's not a whole lot to dust in there. He comes out with his rag in the air and triumphantly announces that he's cleaned the toilet. Well, it really wasn't that "clean" an announcement. More like, "Mom, there's no more poop in the potty!"

Let's put this in perspective, shall we? Uh, no gloves. No special toilet scrubbing tools or cleaning products. Just bare hands and a rag. I'm literally speechless. Ok, very briefly speechless...then I quickly demand he run the rag to the washing machine (I realize speed doesn't help the situation or kill any nasty germs, but it seemed to warrant running, nonetheless) and immediately wash his hands. Sigh...for all intensive purposes, I really am speechless though. What can you say but, "Wow. WOW?" Or "Ewwww." That works too.

1 comment:

  1. HAHAHAHAHA Oh my gosh, I cannot believe him, how funny! Of course, I can say it's funny because it wasn't me that had to deal with it, I probably would have totally overreacted. GROSS! But you gotta love that you have a cleaner on your hands, even if he still has a lot to learn about the right ways to do it, LOL.

    ReplyDelete